Supply Chain Business Partner
Supply Chain Managment
The duties and responsibilities of the Suuply Chain Business Partner involve all standard aspects of sourcing, selecting and qualifying account-specific language partners to meet profitability, quality and performance objectives.
- Manage all Recruitment activities for new Translation, Linguistic & other (SEM, SEO, Audio, etc.) Review and Production Suppliers including:
- Effective sourcing using both traditional and modern methods;
- Screening of all potential Suppliers to ensure they meet criteria for testing stage; Effective testing of every Supplier to ensure they meet VistaTEC Quality Standards;
- Ensure our Supply base is continually being added to, to meet the changing needs of our business.
- Manage targeted recruitment drives that arise for specific locales and / or specific verticals working with other members of the SCM Team, Sales Teams and Productions Teams;
- Continually develop creative ways to source new Suppliers;
- Identify suppliers who meet targeted budgetary guidelines, negotiate rates and other work arrangements with new suppliers and identify opportunities to develop strategic pricing models;
- Ensure all new suppliers sign the Vistatec SLA; T&C, etc.
- Work with LC on development, maintenance and evaluation of supplier tests on an ongoing basis to ensure they meet the changing requirements of the business;
- Maintain awareness of industry standards, practices, tools and resources regarding suppliers and propose revisions to company direction, operation and policies accordingly
- Work closely with staff in other departments to meet client, departmental and company needs
- Assist sales staff with client proposals and manage the test translation process within the SCM team;
- Attend Client/Sales/Production meetings if required;
- Provide input to Production staff on supplier selection and assignments;
- Evaluate and maintain data integrity of supplier databases, records, templates, instructions, training materials, procedures and other documents relating to new suppliers.
- Manage supplier pool effectively
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- Third level qualification in Language or related field;
- Thorough knowledge of the Localisation industry;
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience and at least 3 of those in procurement / supply chain / vendor management roles;
- Strong financialmanagement experience; Understand business implications of decisions and demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
- Strong organisational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision;
- Detail orientated, analytical and ability to make effective decisions;
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to mediate, negotiate, and resolve conflicts constructively
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Working knowledge of various computer-aided translation tools
- Ability to think strategically and develop innovative strategies and solutions to achieve organizational goals.
- Problem solver, results orientated and customer focused;
- A second language would be beneficial but not essential.