Internationalization has two distinct yet complimentary goals.
First, it allows companies to sell into overseas markets by designing or modifying a product, still in its original language, so that it can be installed on local language operating systems, middleware and servers, and function with local settings and language input.
Second, a properly internationalized product facilitates successful localization. A successfully internationalized and localized product will always give companies an added competitive advantage in the international arena.
Contact us to discuss your software internationalization (i18n) project
Internationalized products interact flawlessly with local language operating systems and will:
- Display times and dates according to local custom.
- Format currencies as they are understood locally (not just adapting to the comma or decimal, but accommodating the local currency symbol).
- Sort alphabetically as per local convention; for example:
- In Hungarian the following extended characters exist - ó ö o – and are sorted similar to English, after ‘o’ and before ‘p’.
- Swedish has these extended characters - å ä – at the end of the alphabet.
- In other words, they are not to be sorted with ‘a’ and ‘o’.
- Accommodate both Metric and Imperial measurements.
See how our internationalization (i18n) analysis & audit can help you..